Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm a sewing machine



Finally my new best friend came in the mail today.  The beautiful Brothers CS-6000i computerized sewing machine.  Dude it even has an automatic threader!  It's kinda like I'm not even sewing, just hanging out making a dress, what?


There are 60, that's right 60 built in stitches for your enjoyment.  This thing comes with a hard protection case and an oversized table for large projects.  I purchased it on amazon for $169!  I swear this machine makes my Singer feel like a dinosaur (sorry mom:)


So I started making Harlow a couple summer outfits, but by the time I actually finish them I'm pretty sure summer will be over.  It's not like you can really get anything done with a 6 month old baby, but I'll try.


JoAnns Fabric has really stepped it up lately in their selections.  I picked up a Rachel Shelburne retro  fabric here  on sale and one with little birds and trees too. Also I bought two simple McCall's patterns dress and hat and a Laura Ashley 


I'll post photos when I make more progress.


I'm off to the library to return my Self Sufficiency books and check more out about how to build a chicken coop.  Mmm fresh eggs coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. Im soooooo finding thant and buying it up!!! It sounds like a dream compared to my brother! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously its so easy i don't even feel like I'm sewing. It makes sewing fun again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you kind of have my dream life if I were to ever be a mom.
    Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete