Sunday, January 9, 2011

Auf Wiedersehen Austria

Our last day in Austria we visited the Albertina Museum which had a fabulous Michael Angelo and Picasso exhibit.  We ended up rushing through most of it because Harlow just wasn't in the mood, and who can blame her toddlers and stuffy museums don't often mix.
The rest of the day we spent just trying to soak all of Vienna before we had to jump on a plane to Berlin.  I really enjoyed this city!  I'm a huge Classical music fan so the fact that Mozart was born and raised in Austria was really cool to me.

Here a couple of photos I just snapped of whatever caught my eye.



 The St. Stephan's Cathedral, such an amazing site to turn the corner and see, I could take a million pictures and never capture what it feels like to stand in front of it.


"Awww Jay look at the building with the big red bow on it come on let me take a picture with you in front!"  Check out his face.

 Every single morning we'd wake up and talk about all the sights we hoped to visit that day and Jason would always and I mean always say "Oh yeah and I want to check out that one place called um Star...Star... Books?" He'd try to pronounce it so it sounded like an Austrian landmark.
Starbucks, oh Jason you're an addict.  Harlow now knows how to say Starbuck and can point out the logo.  Nice, nice thing to teach our child.




Harlow was super grouchy all day so things on the trolley eventually ended like this :(


But I forgot to mention the day started out with this!  The absolute best Stracciatella gelato I have ever tasted; like butter, oh so so good!
So I guess it all evens out right?

No comments:

Post a Comment