Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cheer

This morning the rain had stopped and the sun was shinning Harlow and I headed downstairs for an early breakfast.  They put up a Christmas tree in the restaurant and she was thrilled.  She brought both her babies up to the tree to show them, it killed me when she held them out so they could get a closer look.

Sitting at a table next to the tree was a guy with gray hair and glasses, she pointed at him and said "Mama HOHOHO" from across the restaurant.  Then she ran back laughing at herself.  Already a little comedian, wonder where she gets that from.


After breakfast, if you want to call it breakfast, oh pancakes I miss you, we met up with another mom from the film and walked down to the park.  

The first month we were in Bucharest they had this beautiful lake that was in the center of the park similar to Central Park in New York with all the row boats.  Well a couple weeks ago they drained it and all the trees leaves had fallen and the park kind of lost it's luster.  Now look at it, a winter wonderland...

They replaced the lake with a huge ice skating rink, music was blasting and people were out there making it happen.  We stood and watched for a while, for a Tuesday it was pretty packed, the more I watched the more I decided I would NEVER go ice skating here.  Everyone out there was skating like a professional.  I would have looked like Bambi with my scrawny limbs trying to sync up, umm no not going to happen.  There goes my winter fantasy of Jason and I all bundled up with our mittens and scarves on drinking hot hot chocolate while holding hand on the ice.

You should have seen the little bug's face when she saw this Christmas tree they put up in the main entrance.

 Harlow and Hunter

Christmas markets are being set up all over the city, this one ran straight through the park all the way to the other side which is a long distance.  They sell every thing from food, decorations, clothes and housewares.  The ones that sell homemade holiday candy are my favorite.



Oh alot of the little huts in the holiday markets sell meat: sausages, salami, ham
There was a sensational life size sled with reindeer and presents, I bet Santa probably makes an appearance during the weekends, maybe even lets you get in there and take pictures with him.
The reindeer had real fur on them.

We will have to come back on the weekend and see for ourself what they do with this.

Also they had a life size nativity scene over by the children's park equipment.

Which I thought was a rather odd placement, I mean what kid wouldn't want to climb in there and try to pet all the fake animals, my kid tried too.  It took two cookies to derail her.  

Just looking at this picture makes me what to sing Silent Night, come on you know you want to.
I feel very blessed to be able to see how another country celebrates, I'm sad Harlow won't remember all of this.

But at least she's having a ball! 

















Mom that picture's for you.























Noapte buna

No comments:

Post a Comment