Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas is in the air, I've got the carols going (the real sappy ones just like my father taught me), my little construction paper decorations up of christmas trees, presents and those little red and green paper chains you made in elementary school.  Hey you do what you can when you're on the road.  Oh I even got a christmas book on my ipad for Harlow, she's really into the decorated trees and keeps saying ho ho ho.  You can download it here, it's interactive, and FREE http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-tale-for-ipad/id402016391?mt=8

But what really makes it is the weather, outside is freezing, literally freezing, the ground and everything around is completely frozen, no snow just ice. It makes the trees look beautiful.  Check it out.  I'm sure this means snow is on it's way just in time for the holidays.

Just to make things feel authentic who could start the holiday cheer without my husbands most favorite thing on earth
that's right Jason managed to sniff out a Starbucks in the mall, they even had their holiday cups.  Too bad they don't serve eggnog latte's though, hmmm I wonder if I can attempt to make homemade eggnog, ohhhh!
While we were standing in line at Starbucks Harlow saw a big basket of their signature teddy bears dressed in costumes, they're ridiculously expensive and I've been trying to steer her away from stuffed animals because they just seem to multiple and take over.  Well the woman working at the counter told her to pick one and let her have it, just gave it to her for free.  So sweet, you should have seen how happy she was, the people here can be just so loving when it comes to babies and when was the last time someone just handed you from merchandise in a store because you were cute?  
She's been making out with it all day.

So instead of the eggnog latte we enjoyed toffee nut with whipped cream and cookie crumb sprinkles, so freaking good!!

Behind me was this massive Christmas tree that you could walk through the center, I don't know like some sort of Christmas tree hallway that was decorated with twinkle lights on the inside.  Harlow dragged Jason through it about 30 times.

that's a happy man, and a handsome one.

We did a little shopping and Jason finally bought one of those thick necked charcoal gray wool old man sweater cardigans I've been trying to get him to wear forever from Pull&Bear which is an incredible store with men and woman lines at pretty affordable prices.  They sweater looks kinda like this one but better, darker and thick in the neckhe looks super cozy in it.

This wool sweater will come in handy when we spend our Christmas in Vienna, Austria WHAT?  

Yep last night I booked our tickets for Christmas 6 nights in Vienna and 5 nights in Berlin for New Years.  I'm beyond excited to visit these places.  Do me a favor and goggle Vienna Christmas and take a look at all the images, it's an absolute wonderland.  They hang massive chandlers covered in lights for their Christmas markets and the architecture is so romantic I can't wait to see it.  Ok do me another favor and goggle Berlin New Years and check out the images.  All you see is fireworks apparently there's no restriction on them so the sky is just full.  We've been told you won't be able to find a bare spot in the sky.  We're in for a huge adventure I can't wait to post the pictures.

Two more weeks till our next journey and 23 days till Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING. What a lucky, lucky girl you are.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll post a ton of pictures so everyone can feel like they went there too :)

    ReplyDelete