Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vienna, Austria

It's beautiful, wonderful, magical, amazing, romantic, fantastic the perfect city to spend our christmas this year.  The past two days Jason, Harlow and I have been walking around this city with our mouths wide open ohhhing and ahhhing.  Its nothing like I imagined it to be, but so much more then I could have dreamed.  The architecture is sublime and so detailed you can hardly take your eyes away.  I've bumped into so many people because I'm too busy starring at the extraordinary structures that make up this bustling city.

We have a sleek brand new apartment overlooking Vienna and right next to the trolley. Last night we bought a small christmas tree and carried it home in the snow.  Right now I'm overwhelmed with the fresh smell of pine and awesome touches of red in our hip pad.


Everything is dressed with a layer of snow giving it that christmas card feel.  The shopping is right up our alley with stores like H&M and Zara lining the ancient buildings with sculptures and massive chandeliers hanging overhead lighting up the streets and giving off a charming holiday twinkle.

 Sculpture dedicated to the plague, so much detail I'll post more pictures of it when I get home

Starbucks is here, crazy expensive, 20 euros for coffee and muffins, but they do serve eggnog lattes!  Thank you Santa!!

The first church we stepped into was St Stephans they were right in the middle of mass.  I cried my eyes out when we walked inside, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  Here's two photos of a section on the outside.  We planning on returning for christmas so we'll take more pictures then.  Inisde is glorious!

The second church was St Peters it wasn't as big but just as detailed.  Everything inside in decorated for christmas too.

We have tons of pictures and video so I'll splice together a little movie when we get back to Romania so you can get a feel for everything.

All I can say is I'm in heaven here.  I'll never forget this, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment