Friday, November 5, 2010

Birthday party in La Baneasa

Being alone on your birthday in a foreign county has been a very humbling experience.  No friends or family to high five you in a.m. before you start your day, especially when you're a day ahead of everyone else.  In fact I started my day with a screaming toddler, thanks Harlow.  Something about her having to wear her boots instead of crocs in the 40 degree weather, a battle I finally won after mentioning the word ice cream a couple times.
Now I was able to ichat with my mama for a bit, but its just not the same.
Soooooo there was only one thing left to do when you're feeling down
meditate?
or
yep that's right
 SHOP!
 Uh Oh somebody got a new jacket!!!!

Harlow and I took a cab over to the La Baneasa and spent the entire day hiking through that massive mall.  I didn't go crazy spending money because I'm cheap thanks to all those college years and when it comes down to it, it better take my breath away or it'll probably just sit in my closet collecting dust. But this jacket is a winner and it feels pretty amazing on.

After lunch I took Harlow over to the wierdo kid land in the mall.  I say wierdo because they had things I've never seen before.  You know those little metal rides that you put a couple quarters in and kids shake around in them?  Well check these ones out..




those are teacups, and if that's not wierd enough for you check out this one, even Harlow was like what?

They were giant stuffed animals that shook my little bugs butt off!!! 




Since Harlow was a sport and let me drag her in and out of every store and even was quiet long enough for me to get a manicure I treated her to a giant ice cream and these little twinkle toes.
I did have an uncomfortable experience at lunch when I was in line to order some food, apparently not everyone speaks english here and this lady was very frustrated with me.  She yelled at me and dumped all my food out and shoved my money at me.  I felt so helpless all I did was stand there and say um chicken?  Then they guy behind me started yelling at her and she made me another plate and shoved it at me.  If we were at home I would have asked for the manager but here I just felt completely stupid, so I took my food sat a table and tried not get all birthday emotional.

When I got home these were waiting for me from Jason


Thanks baby, I know it was difficult to find a flower delivery here and in between the chaos on set, thanks for thinking of me.

I'm thankful all that I have today, happy birthday to me.
Now it's time for red wine and chocolate, but first I have to get this one to bed, wish me luck!  If you get a chance checkout this video of Harlow attempting to sing Mama Happy Birthday, so freaking cute, I love her!!! Happy Mama

2 comments:

  1. So funny! I love the pics of Harlow on the rides. What happened? Can you bring home the big elephant please.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the name of the restaurant that the weird foreign lady was so rude? I'm on the next flight out there to stab her.

    ReplyDelete