Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When in Rome....

I can't stop eating the bad stuff or the oh so good stuff!  I know I've mentioned the bread, cheese and meat that is plentiful in this country, but I've been hiding or rather hoarding the sweet stuff.


I mean honestly who buys two different types of cookies in one day after they've already eaten chocolate filled croissants for breakfast?  Me that's who meeeeeeee!!!  Unfortunately the markets don't carry many or really any healthy options and our kitchen in the apartment is basically for boiling water.  So I've started stocking the fridge with junk, chocolate flavored junk, uh oh.

Wanna see what I've got in there this week??

Let's start with these babies I came across them at the checkout stand when I realized Harlow had added them to the cart herself, good job bug!  Mika Chocominis and they are delightful, they come in little rolls so I can put them in my purse and continue to eat terrible junk food all day :(
They are little butter cookies with fudge centers and when you bite into them there's vanilla filling like an Oreo, not milk pouring out as it implys in the photo, well because then the cookie would just be soggy I guess.

Then there are these heavenly cups of joy!  I have never tasted pudding like this, it must be absolutely awful for you, but since I can't read the labels on anything or understand their calorie system I guess it's better not to know.  By the way I discovered these when Harlow pointed them out too, looks like somebody is a bad influence on mommy.
I discovered these treats a couple days ago when I was starving and in a mini market, it was between these and a bag of chips and I always choose sugar over salt.
Singoalla's are shortbread biscuits with cream and raspberry filling.  Sinfully good.

Last but not least, these chocolate bars by Poiana have been my saving grace, my best friends night after night when Harlow has finally gone down and I'm all alone.  They are milk chocolate, and the best milk chocolate I've ever tasted, filled with gooey caramel.  AMAZING!!!  I can't stop myself from slipping one in the cart every dang time!






I've already talked about the 7days Croissants that are filled with pudding, and not to mention the amazing gelato on every corner I've been enjoying. Wow what's happening to me?  Anyone who knows me knows that I eat pretty well, brown rice veggies fresh stuff.  I've been trying to at least feed Harlow brown rice and frozen peas since I can cook that in the apartment and she doesn't mind if she eats the same thing every night. 

Jason would have a heart attack if he saw all this chocolate, sorry Jay I guess I just miss you... maybe I'm becoming an emotional eater, uh oh!!!  Hurry back baby!!!  This is the longest we have ever been apart and we still have the rest of the week to go.  Good thing summer/bathing suit weather isn't for a while, because I just can't help myself to all these delicious treats, maybe, hopefully it will lose it's luster?!?

A little over 13 more weeks to go!

PS speaking of Jason check out this castle they're filming in, incredible.  I wish I'd seen it in person.

PPS Any ideas where we should go for Christmas?  We've been told Berlin, Prague,Italy and Spain??

2 comments:

  1. We love keeping up with your posts and Leia loves to see the pictures (especially with Harlow) Ma Ma (more) Harlow! :)

    If the calories are listed in kcal... 1 kcal = 1 (American) Calorie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys! Will you be in class next semester when we come back?

    ReplyDelete