Monday, November 15, 2010

Home sweet, well kinda...

While waiting in the lobby for our driver to pick us up and take us back to Bucharest at 7am I saw a little black fur ball run pass the window.  I looked over at Jason and said "oh no I think that was a puppy?"  Of course he didn't reply he just gave me the "don't do it Michelle" look.  Before he could do an intervention I scooped up a couple of Harlow's cheerios and ran out the door.

This little girl was huddled in the corner trying to keep herself warm.  Damn 30 minutes before I have to leave and I find a freaking puppy!!  Never in a million years would I walk outside in Burbank and find a homeless puppy, I hate to say it but it's like my dream come true.  Had I been home this little girl would have already had a new collar on and been sleeping on the end of my bed, but my hands were tied.  I have to fill up her belly give her a billion pets and let her go, nooooooooo.

My heart is broken.













This driver took the long way home making the adventure a good 6 1/2 hours.  It was an amazing drive through the mountains but I was so car sick I was ready to be home 2 hours into the trip.  But man you should have seen the castles in the mountains and all the tiny towns along the way, glorious I tell you!! I'm the worst picture taker in the car and I can't remember the name of anything I saw so when I find out I'll post some photos.

But I did take some photos of the movie star madness over here.  The crowds of people standing around the trailers just waiting for a glimpse of Nic Cage was pure insanity they would chant over and over NIC CO LAS NIC CO LAS all morning, all afternoon, all night, talk about some major determination.  I believe that's Jason's makeup trailer they are all standing around and Nic's was behind it.
Crazy Right?  I've never seen crowds like that in Los Angeles unless it's oscar night.

Well Harlow and I are home now and happy to be.  Now I can get started on potty training this little bug.  Who knows how it will turn out since it's been tantrum city over here lately.  Seriously this kid is tough and does not like not getting her way.  She is really putting me through the ringer here.  Last night I broke down and bought a bunch of toddler books on my ipad desperately seeking advice on how to handle her rage.  I'll let you know if anything sticks, right now she went down without a fight so I'm going to celebrate with a nice glass if vino and I leave you with a little taste of what happens when you tell Harlow we have change her diaper...

Oh the joys of motherhood, hurry home and save me Jason!!!!!

Ps it looks like a peaceful protest in those pictures but I assure you they were accompanied with ear piercing screams.

3 comments:

  1. That's my girl!!! Just imagine how strong she's going to be as a woman...she gets that from her mother.
    <3 you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, she is going to LOVE reading this later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole blog I mean. . . not about her tantrums. :)

    ReplyDelete