Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gray Day in Little Paris

This morning I woke up to the sound of our laundry bag tearing, sending a week and half's worth of clothes all over the floor.  I figured that was a hint it was time to do some laundry.  After a little investigation I found a price list for laundry services, 5 euros per shirt WHAT?  That's like 10 american dollars and with as much laundry we had it probably would have cost over 100 dollars.  So the next best thing was throwing all those clothes in the bathtub with some laundry soap and doing things the old fashion way, scrub, scrub and more scrubbing.  Half way through the day I was done, there where clothes hanging everywhere, I had a couple of blisters and some incredible sore hands. 

Since it was really gray outside I bundled Harlow and I up with as many clothing articles as possible and headed for the mall.  I was looking for some sort of version of Febreze since everything smells like cigarettes and a new toy to keep Harlow busy. 

We walked through old town and in the middle of all the hustle and bustle was this handsome fellow taking it all in, I love him.
 Why do the strays have to be so lovely here?  They're tempting me, I want them all!!  I read somewhere that most airlines will let you fly dogs from Romania back to the states for free!  Guess they really them to have homes.  Seriously you've never seen so many homeless dogs, they even know when to cross the streets with all the people, you can see them standing at the lights waiting to cross.  Hmm I wonder how I could catch one, oh god then I'd really be the crazy tourist lady trying to steal the dogs.

I found this pretty little hideaway as I walking down the street, you don't see stuff like that at home.  This was an alleyway with tiny shops and restaurants.


There's antique markets all over the place.  I don't know much about antiques so I have no idea what to look for.  But I did like this guy walking around playing music in a top hat with his two pet parakeets and a tiny white mouse.  I swear the parakeets were chirping along with the music. 
Yep now I've seen it all...

It was freezing yesterday, the coldest day yet poor Harlow kept holding her hands up in the air trying to show me that they hurt, hopefully she'll learn to keep her gloves on. 

We had a couple of hot pretzels for lunch with loads of salt on them, yum, and for only 1 lei what a deal!  Pretzels for lunch, who knew?  I just copied everyone else standing in line at lunch time, you know so I look like I fit in with the locals.

When we finally made it to the mall we walked into Carrefour (Euro Target) and put all our jackets in a locker because they crank the heat up so high inside.  After searching every isle I couldn't understand any of the labels I bought something some kind of fabric softner spray that smelled good.  Harlow threw a major screaming tantrum because she wanted to pull the cart, they have those baskets you carry in the grocery store only the handle pulls up and it rolls on the ground.  Well she was pushing it but running into everyone and causing major traffic jams in the store so I grabbed the basket and that did it, she exploded.  Everyone was looking at me and the heat was up so high in the store my face was on fire and I'm sure my blood pressure was sky high.  Oh the joys of terrible twos.  Maybe I wouldn't have been so embarrassed if I was in my own Target but being in another country has made me a bit insecure.

Finally we made it home and the little bug was passed out.  Which gave me a nice 30 minutes to have a cup of hot tea and stuff a jelly filled pastry in my mouth, oh man I'm going to really put on some weight here ;)

Check Harlow's little winter outfit I got at this french store called Grain de Ble.  So sweet and affordable, those thick plum winter pants are insulated and we only $17, something that quality at the gap would have easily gone for $50.

Well Harlow and I are off to the park it's sunny today.

Four more months of an adventure left!!

xoxoxo

Ps didn't even spell check or reread sorry for mistakes but Harlow is pulling on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment