Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pigeon hunting in Sibiu

After 5 grueling hours on a packed bus Harlow and I made it to Sibiu.  We were both so carsick from all the twists and turns, ever seen a baby carsick?  It's the saddest thing ever because they don't understand and she kept rubbing her eyes to try and focus, poor little bug.
The drive was beautiful though, the country side was so old world with chickens in the street and little tiny houses all built along the road.  Everyone had their own crops outside, it reminded me of something out of a mothergoose story.
We drove all along a lovely canal with bridges that looked ancient
We stopped on the side of the road for dinner in a little hut.  All they served was meat, meat and more meat, that's Romania for you.  One of the girls on the bus ordered for me since no one spoke English, they made me try a popular Romanian sausage/hamburger thing, and I ordered chicken for Harlow.  It comes with bread and mustard and you eat your meat with toothpicks (ugh), it wasn't bad but way too rare for my taste.

There were about 20 dogs standing there watching us eat, which prompted Harlow to hand over her dinner to a dog with one brown eye and one blue.  One of the dogs was just a puppy and it broke my heart to see him so dirty.  He was too young to be alone.  I booked it to the bus when were through just in case I had a sudden urge to scoop that little guy up and take him home.

Sibiu is romantic!  The character on all the shops and homes is just wonderful.  Every little alleyway looks like something from a screensaver on your computer.
Harlow and I have been spending our days in the square chasing loads of pigeons around in circles.
This square reminds me of that famous one in Italy, I've never been but I've seen it in pictures.

Harlow is having a blast!  Terrible twos are on their way but in between tantrums we're finding time to laugh and play. 

The hotel is nice, we're staying at the Continental, but the 3 of us in a tiny European bed has been awful.  You know those Barbie beds where the comforter is like a square cut perfectly to fit on top?  Well that's what all the duvets have been like, we can all barely fit under it, someone, usually Jason is left in the cold; sorry baby.  No blankets no sheets.  Thankfully we can crank up the heater though.

Well the internet is acting up again and won't let me upload anymore photos so I'm going to go downstairs and get all jacked up on another one of those espressos, yum.

Miss you,
xoxo Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see the green jacket is being put to good use!!!
    And i know EXACTLY what square in Italy you're talking about...its the same one from that movie about the love letters...why does it always come back to romantic love stories with us??
    Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS goes back to romantic love stories!!!!
    Miss you buddy, so much

    ReplyDelete