Saturday, November 20, 2010

We've Been Discovered!!

It looks like someone from a news site in Sibiu discovered my blog and did a little piece on it, you can check it out here http://www.turnulsfatului.ro/5658/o-californianca-la-sibiu-cu-filmul-lui-cage-venita-rezumate.html although it's all in Romanian a rough translation of it just sounds like the writer was  repeating things I've said in past blogs about my experience here and refers to me as the Blonde Blogger, hmmm.

Well great, it never occurred to me that anyone from Romania would read or even be able to find my blog in the first place.  I really hope I didn't say anything that would be considered offensive, I have nothing but love for this country and it's people.

 Lubesc Romania si este oameni!!! (I love Romania and it's people)

The past couple of days I've received a ton of traffic on my blog from this article so to all those reading in Romania.

Pentru cei care citesc in Romania, va multumesc pentru amabillitatea ati aratat fiica mea si am.  Tara dumneavoastra este frumos si mai mult americanii ar trebui sa viziteze.

I said something along the lines of thank you for your kindness and your country is beautiful, more americans should visit.

Well now that we're famous I better start writing some interesting blogs, but to be honest we haven't been doing anything very exciting.  I took a couple pictures around town yesterday when we went for a walk, for some reason with every walk we always end up at the mall, I'm like a magnet and it's the steel.

Check out Harlow carrying the purse her Daddy brought home for her, it's Hello Kitty.  Someone is becoming a big girl.

While hunting for dinner I found this tiny little cafe next to the bank where they had fresh homemade spinach and feta pie, it was freakishly good.
 When I asked for a glass of lemonade I watched the lady go behind the counter and literally squeeze me out a glass with her hands and then added water and sugar.  I actually felt guilty drinking it after seeing how much work she put into it.
 Harlow started doing her I'm going to get fussy routine so I ordered a piece of some amazing looking cherry coffee cake/pie/I don't know maybe it was a tart?  And the woman that brought it to the table broke off a piece with her hands and feed it to Harlow.  Seriously that would NEVER happen at home, someone in a restaurant touching you food, feeding your baby, without asking?!  But I loved it, every time we go out I feel like I'm with family, like I'm at my grandmother's house.  Europeans have managed to keep that old school traditional feel, and I really embrace it.  I wish our culture was more like that.
Outside of that cafe was this bank, you can't tell from the picture but that roof is glass and steel.  It's a beautiful massive structure.
 Here in this photo is a bike path we were walking on that somehow lead us straight to the mall, told you magnet and steel.


 

So those where just me trying to capture the dreary beauty thats happening now, I believe it's the onset of winter occurring.  These photos were taking in the early afternoon and the sky was so gray and it's frosty out.  Man I can't wait for the snow!

It's 12pm here so I'm going to crash, but let me leave you with some pretty photos from our day on the set last week taken by the film photographer.




Miss you xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Of course you got discovered! These pictures are so adorable, Michelle. Keep up the writing, Blonde Blogger!

    xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy there,
    Indeed I reached your blog from our local newspaper, but I'm glad of what I've found on your blog. I'm glad that you find Romania attractive and exciting, hope you will have the same feeling when you will be back home.
    Don't worry about the article, it's ok, it doesn't say anything bad about your comments, that's a special section in the newspaper dedicated to the blogging area.
    I live in Sibiu, and I'm glad that you like our town as well as everything else.
    May I say, you have a really nice family, and a nice blog too. Keep up the good work. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everybody!! We're having a wonderful time here.

    ReplyDelete