Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fall into Winter

Growing up in California has it's pros and cons and one of them is the absence of seasons.  Just walking around the park here and seeing all the trees in that beautiful burnt orange and golden leaves makes you want to sip hot chocolate and go ice skating.

This week I've noticed more and more bare trees I guess the snow is on it's way, Fall really feels like Fall when you're crunching through piles of leaves on your way home, I love it!!











Today was gloomy and rainy so we spent most of the afternoon painting, drawing and reading books but Harlow is starting to run out of ways to be entertained inside. Even brought the old cardboard box out.
I bought her a couple handmade wooden toys from an art festival at the park last week that she's been in love with, but lately she's been into feeding and putting blankets around her dolls a little mommy in training.

The art festival was pretty fun, they had a bunch of little kid rides and booths set up with art, jewelry etc. It was so packed I could barely fit down the paths where the booths were and people will just run you right over if you're in the way.  Personal space is very different, I can't even count on hand how many times people cut in front of me in line because I wasn't standing close enough to the person in front of me, I guess I'm just supposed to wrap my arms around the guy in front of me or stand with my chin on his shoulder or at least be close enough for him to smell my breath  :)  



I apologize that my photos are so fuzzy, the only camera I have is my iphone, Jason has the good cameras.  Maybe I need to go buy a cheap digital one for the trip anyone know of a good one?  I guess it's time to start researching, that will give me something to do, ohhhhh speaking of something to do.  Did you know that you can take piano lessons on the Ipad?!?!?  Yep just learned to play Silent Night, the Ipad turns into a piano with highlighted keys with this incredible app http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/master-piano/id364897373?mt=8

Now all I need is a real piano to try it out on, pretty proud of myself I always wanted to learn to play.  The Ipad has been our best friend here, books, movies, games and now piano lessons!!

Well off to go find some dinner and relax, I gave up on potty training after I wiped up about a dozen puddles of pee, mom needs a break.  There's only so many times I can ask the kid if she has to go potty, now she just runs and say No,No No.

There's always tomorrow I guess.

I'll leave you with a video of a mozart in the making you should see how well she can use the Ipad, she's so smart, even figured out how to turn up the volume.  Let's just hope she doesn't figure out my passcode.
                                                                

1 comment: