Monday, November 1, 2010

You better shop around

Since Jason had the weekend off I felt much more comfortable exploring the city with him.
Saturday we hitched a ride over to the La Baneasa Shopping Center where all of my dreams came true.
Seriously this mall was massive and the stores were incredible.  We only made it through the first half before calling it quits.  But I'll be back, and I'm going to need a couple extra suitcases after :)


All the stores where comparable to Zara, the quality of everything seems much nicer then our crappy Forever 21 and H and M, but at a reasonable price.  There's one store in peticular called Bershka

 that had an awesome selection of super cute and affordable real leather jackets.  A wall full of flat thigh high boots that I've never even seen before and must purchase immediately, did somebody say birthday shopping?  Sorry Jason but if I have to spend my birthday here alone, I'm going to have purchase myself this little beauty, only 430 lei which converts to about 150 dollars which isn't too bad for a leather jacket.  Oh and maybe I'll need these shoes too, you know to match?  Check out the rest of their stuff, the possibilties are endless
http://www.bershka.com/coleccion.php



My other new discovery was Zara Home store, not that I can lug any housewares back overseas, but I can dream about it as I walk through their beautiful bed displays.  My style everything right down to their picture frames.  They even had a children's bedroom line with cute hot pink duvets and vintage looking pillow cases.  Jason gave me the eye when I put a beautiful knit hot pink and white blanket in my cart for Harlow.  "Really Michelle?  We're not taking that on the plane!"

Damn...





Also I discover Carrefour which I'm assuming is Europe's version of Target.  This place was crazzzy big with a full sized grocery store too.  I found one about a 20 minute walk from our place. So now I know where I can buy diapers and pretty much anything else I'll need.


  The mall 20 minutes from our apartment is called Unirea and it's really bizarre inside, almost like a giant department store but if you take a closer look they are little shops within 4 floors.  I'll probably end up spending more time here since it's within walking distance.  All this walking I can see why people eat so many carbs here, you can shed it in a matter of minutes just walking.  Everybody walks and I've seen a lot of people fall :( yesterday one woman fell so hard I heard it from across the street. So many people and the streets are old and in poor condition it's bound to happen.


But on a happier note  we found an amazing park right down the street!  It's beautiful and reminds me of Central Park with all the trees and row boats in the lake.  I took a couple pictures on the iphone located in my mobile me galley.
http://gallery.me.com/michellehamer#gallery



For now things are pretty good over here, I've got everything I need.  Now if we could just get used to the time change everything would be perfect.

Till next time, thanks for reading.

La revedere!! (goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment